We have all come to this earth to have learning experiences. However, in our quest for perfection or operationale excellence or even greed, we often tend to forget how important it is to make room for these experiences. And having learning experiences is not something you only do in school. It’s a life long task. Every person on earth has the basic right to have ample learning experiences. Because what could we possibly gain, if others have already taken away the learning experiences for us? Our children would be utterly boared if we take away their chances to experience, especillay if we make their lives easier and easier. So we need to factor learning in, into the designs of our educational, government, institutional, corporate and other related societal systems. And be careful with strategies that tend to take away or damp experiences. For example standardization can take away experiences because there is only the ´standard´ option available.
Below are some quotes that I think also fit whell to this post. These are quotes by which I am trying to live:
- Don’t handicap your children by making their lives easy ~ Robert A. Heinlein
- It is only when we forget all our learning that we begin to know ~ Henry David Thoreau
- Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn ~ Benjamin Franklin
- Those who have knowledge, don’t predict. Those who predict, don’t have knowledge ~ Lao-tzu
- People never learn anything by being told, they have to find out for themselves ~ Paulo Coelho
- Be brave and take riscs. Nothing can replace experience ~ Paulo Coelho