From my spaceship I look at our beautiful harbour Gaia. I see her getting smaller and smaller and yet at the same time the gut feeling overwhelms me that we are treating her very bad because of our never-ending quest for over production and over consumption. But I also see some beautiful light coming in from space, on its way to help us. This light tells us that we are now ready to enter a new era. A new Golden Age, or maybe even a new Golden Millennium. Where governing based on scarcity is no longer the magical means for renewal based on growth, but governing based on abundance will lead us to renewal based on sustainability. My wish is that the credo “there are enough good goods for everyone, if everyone is prepared to accept that enough good goods are good enough” will come true.
Posts tagged ‘abundance’
Have you seen the video The Earth Is Full already? Quit scary stuff if you ask me. But then again, if you scare people, chances are, they get scared. And fear becomes their dominant driver that sets only negative things into motion. And that only amplifies the culture that has gotten into this greedy, infinite growth strategies we all know too well. All based on the (economic) illusion that scarcity thinking is the preferred management instrument of our world.
So why not turn it the other way around? Tell people there is nothing but abundance. Show them the video Abundance is our Future instead. And yes, ofcourse there is scarcity here and there but it’s more a question of how you approach it: from the negative (scary) side, of from the positive (yes we can) side. My tip: treat scarcity from now on as an illusion and you will see more and more abundance things popping up in your life. Happy traveling on your abundance path!
- Tip 1: respectfully say bye to traditional (red ocean, greed-centered) strategy schools, say hi to (blue ocean) society oriented strategies.
- Tip 2: respectfully say bye to traditional power- or status oriented (Taylor-“made”) management schools, say hi to “tailor-made” schools that focus more on organizing people rather than on managing people.
- Tip 3: respectfully say bye to efficiency as a primary goal, say hi to effectiveness as a primary goal
- Tip 4: respectfully say bye to common fears that block true renewal (fear of isolation, fear of incompetence, fear of inconsistence, fear for imperfection, fear of separation, fear of ignorance, fear of complexity, fear for loss of control, fear for learning, fear for letting go the past etc. and say hi to their powerful counterparts such as love, respect, learning culture etc.
- Tip 5: respectfully say bye to traditional sharing strategies (greed, egoism, selfishness) and say hi to joyful sharing strategies
- Tip 6: respectfully say bye to innovation strategies aiming at free markets and say hi to strategies aiming at societal goals markets
- Tip 7: respectfully say bye to old style thinking and doing and say hi to new style thinking and doing
- Tip 8: respectfully say bye to fakeness and dishonesty and say hi to authenticness and honesty
- Tip 9: respectfully say bye to traditional scarcity thinking and say hi to abundance thinking
- Tip 10: respectfully say bye to rational (or scientifically proven) decision making and say hi to (spiritual) decision making based on your intuition and your heart
Ofcourse you don’t need to say goodbye to all the above, but a better balance wouldn’t hurt our society. So Good Luck and please let me know what worked for you.